Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Blue Cheese Dip

I warned you when I made the Pepperoni & Mozzarella Egg Rolls that you would be seeing these again! And just in time for football season, these are stuffed with chicken meat doused in buffalo sauce with blue cheese dipping sauce! A fantastically fun twist on buffalo chicken wings. Egg Roll wrappers can be found at any grocery store these days, in the produce section. Near the bagged salads & freshly prepared veggies, fruit, etc. Ingredients:
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (or 2 cups shredded Chicken Meat)
1 small Carrot, finely chopped or shredded
1-2 Green Onions
1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles (about 2 oz)
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/3 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 package Egg Roll Wrappers

What else you'll need:
Oil for frying
Blue Cheese dressing
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Celery Sticks
Baby Carrots

Directions:
Roast your chicken breasts (if using), drizzled with olive oil & seasoned with salt & pepper, in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (just until fully cooked). Let it cool slightly then chop or shred into a mixing bowl.

Add the finely chopped carrot, chopped green onion (reserving a little bit for topping), mozzarella & blue cheese crumbles to the chicken & combine. Add the Buffalo sauce to coat. We like Frank's Buffalo Sauce, but use what ever is your favorite. Preheat your oil to 375 degrees. Lay out a few egg roll wrappers on the counter. Put about 2 tablespoons of the chicken filling in the center. Using a pastry brush (or your finger) dipped in water wet all 4 edges of the egg roll. Fold up the bottom corner, then the 2 sides & roll up. The package has directions & diagrams for you to follow too. Deep fry for 1-2 minutes, just until lightly browned. They will continue to cook after you pull them out of the oil. I line a baking sheet with paper towels to drain the egg rolls on after they come out of the oil. Let them cool for a few minutes before serving, they will be HOT! I add extra blue cheese crumbles to store bought blue cheese salad dressing for dipping. Sprinkle the reserved spring onions on top and serve celery sticks & baby carrots on the side. Yum!!  Blue Cheese- جبنه معفنه, روكفور on FoodistaBlue Cheese- جبنه معفنه, روكفور

6 comments:

  1. That looks great. My husband would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look totally incredible!!! Have you ever tried prepping in advance and reheating? We have a huge holiday party every year - about 150 attendees - so I need things that can be reheated... Thanks, Kate @kateiscooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I love how you show the filling in the wrapper. This is a really great recipe. Btw, I love the pic of your little critic. Who doesn't love hot sauce and blue cheese!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- I'm sure you could make these in advance, but I haven't personally tried it. My only fear in making them early is the frying part. I'm sure you could assemble the egg rolls & store them for a little while. Just make sure the wrappers don't dry out. Then fry them up just before the party. They only take a couple of minutes & it ensures that they will be crispy. They are good room temp too so don't worry about having to keep them hot during the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are ridiculously good. I just made these for my "men" working in the garage and they gobbled them up. I didn't have a carrot, so I omitted that and I didn't know what a spring onion was, so I just used a regular white onion. I also didn't have blue cheese so I just used more mozzarella. I also used canned chicken and it was simply delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made something similar and have cooked them in the oven on a rack so you might be able to get away with reheating. The last time I made them, I didn't cook them all until golden brown so that my husband could stick them back in the oven to reheat when he got home. He thought it was a success. Good Luck! I wish I had pinned your recipe on Pintrest instead of the one I did. I love your site! :)

    ReplyDelete