Roasted Asparagus with Garlic

This is my favorite way to cook asparagus! I also like to do green beans this way. Of course, I love garlic so I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't...But you could make this omitting the garlic, if you don't. Ingredients:

3/4 lb of fresh Asparagus
3 cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Wash your asparagus. Then 'snap' off the bottoms. I always bend my aparagus like this: Until they snap in half, like this: That is the best way to ensure that you get the freshest, not 'stringy' part of the asparagus. Some people are surprised how much you need to discard of. Here are the bottoms of my bundle, it literally was almost half of the asparagus. (You could always freeze these, for making soup like cream of asparagus or something like that, instead of throwing them out!) Line your asparagus on a sheet pan & mince the garlice cloves. Add the minced garlic, salt & pepper over the asparagus. Then drizzle with olive oil, paying close attention to the garlic & tips of the asparagus. Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Make sure to serve with all the yummy roasted garlic bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment