Homemade French Fries

If I had to pick one favorite thing to eat, it would have to be french fries. I love them. Especially when we make them at home! Yummmmm! Ingredients:
Potatoes
Oil for frying (Use Vegetable, Canola, or Peanut)
Salt & Pepper
Directions:Heat your oil to 375 degrees. We have a counter top fryer that we always use to fry, so I don't really measure how much oil we use. But if you are doing this on the stove, I would suggest using large, heavy bottomed pot & about 5-6 cups of oil. We used about 5 potatoes, which was probably about 2 lbs. This evening we used russet, because that's what we had. But you could use other potatoes too. Yukon golds are a favorite. Slice them into sticks, some people like them thinner & some like them thicker. We did them a mix of about 1/4-1/2 inch. When the oil is heated to 375 degrees, carefully fry them in batches, making sure not to over crowd. We cooked these about 7-8 minutes per batch, stirring occasionally to make sure they don't stick together.
I lined a baking sheet with tin foil, then paper towels to soak up excess oil to place the cooked french fries on. Make sure you season immediately when they come out of the hot oil. I use coarse salt, but you could do almost anything. Sea Salt, Pepper, Seasoned Salt, or even Seafood Seasoning! I'm personally not a huge ketchup fan. I believe that if you need ketchup, then the fries are not cooked well. But, my husband & daughter love to dip so that's what we had with ours. We also love Malt Vinegar with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment